- ‘I couldn’t take it anymore’: Why some medical staff are calling it quits amid COVID-19 | Global News Clip
- Canadian Mental Health Association COVID-19 Resources
- Free online counselling services employees can access | Province of British Columbia
- Coping with loss and grief | CAMH
- Not suicide. Not today. | CAMH
- Depression | HealthLink BC
- Burnout Prevention and Treatment | HelpGuide.org
- Crisis Line Association of BC
- Opioid Resources | Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Threads of Life (for families who are suffering)
- My Workplace Health
- Steps for Life
Webinar: The Impact of Loss in the Workplace
April 28th, 2021 2:00-3:00PM
On April 28, we mark the National Day of Mourning, in memory of those we have lost in Canada through workplace accidents and occupational illness.
Have you been touched by a serious workplace incident? Is your team feeling the mental health impact of the pandemic? We invite you to join us for this special online session on the impact of loss in our workplaces.
Meet Andrea McKinlay, our new mental health specialist at the Alliance. A Registered Psychiatric Nurse for more than 15 years, Andrea coordinated mental health care at Chilliwack General Hospital during the pandemic and opioid crisis.
- Hear Andrea’s story as a frontline worker and leader—and find out what drives her passion for mental health education.
- Hear from Maureen Shaw, former President and CEO of the Industrial Accident Prevention Association, as she shares her story of the personal impact of a serious workplace accident.
- Invite your teams to tune in and ask questions.
Join us on April 28 as we remember, reflect, and renew our shared commitment to prevention.